Interesting Rite From Rankine and Sorita D'este

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

Interesting Rite From Rankine and Sorita D'este

Post#1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:07 pm

From her site http://www.sorita.co.uk/?p=589

"The Ritual of the Heptagram
We (David Rankine & myself) created this ritual some years ago for use in a magickal group we were facilitating at the time for use in a series of planetary workings. We felt that the Hexagram Ritual of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn which is usually recommended for planetary workings was inadequate for our purposes. Through regular work the ritual has undergone refinements over the years and the version we present here is one we found most effective for solitary or small group workings.

It was first published in our book “Practical Planetary Magick” in 2007 and was first used in the London Lodge of the O.I.F. some years previously - May the Light of Truth continue to burn with an ineffible flame…

It is best used at the beginning of ceremonies focusing on planetary forces and can also be used as a daily balancing exercise. It can additionally be used at the end of ceremonies to balance and ground excess energy in a harmonious manner.

When performing planetary work it is usual to focus on the energies of a particular planet, for this reason it is necessary to use the appropriate invoking and banishing heptagram in the Ritual of the Heptagram.

The Ritual of the Heptagram: Instruction

Stand facing East, with your arms by your sides, palms forward, and say:

Emmi gas vios kai ouranou asteroentos

Move your arms upwards into a V with your palms upward and visualise a red sphere of energy around your heart as you say:

I stand in the timeless void, my heart burning with the immortal fire

Move your right arm down in a sweeping movement to your side with the palm facing downward, and visualise a green sphere of energy at your feet, standing on it as you say:

I draw my power from the earth and the starry heavens

Move your arms so they are horizontal (crucifix position) with the palms facing forward, and visualise a white sphere of energy at your crown, the bottom of the sphere touching the top of your head as you say:

I create the holy light that shines in the darkness

Keeping your arms in the cross position, draw the green energy up the body and the white energy down from the head and see them merge with the red energy to form gold energy at the heart which then spreads and suffuses the aura.

Slowly lower your arms towards your sides again and say:

*With Alpha I begin this rite, establishing peace, A

With Epsilon, I welcome grace, E

With Eta, I cleanse this place, EE

With Iota, I focus my will, I

With Omicron, I uphold the truth, O

With Upsilon, I radiate glory, U

With Omega I complete the ordering of chaos, OO

In the seven-lettered name I establish the harmony of the heavens

A, E, EE, I, O, U, OO

Move your preferred hand to the starting position for the appropriate planetary Heptagram, and inscribe the heptagram starting at the appropriate point, visualising the lines in the appropriate colour for the planet you are working with. From the top, the points when drawn in front of the body are level with the head (top), 6″ above left and right shoulder (upper left and upper right), 6″ to the left and right of the body in front of bottom of ribs (middle left and right), in front of left and right hips (bottom left and right).

Raise your arms back into an upwards V shape and say:
"
Uniting the seven deathless powers of the universe.

Cross your arms over your chest and say:

There is no part of me that is not of the Gods

*Please note: If you are doing this ritual at the end of your ceremony to balance energies and end your ritual, you should use the appropriate banishing heptagram and say “With Alpha I end this rite, establishing peace, A”
Honestly the materials worth looking into has some good thoughts on it.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login