External Validation Of Internal Ideas.

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

External Validation Of Internal Ideas.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:10 am

While I was on vacation a topic came up among a couple of asatru/norse practicioner concerning an interesting topic that has a few other ramifications along the way so I will pass them along.

Norse practicioners call personal encounters with entities that aren't strictly from the book UPG's which stands for unverified personal gnosis and CAUPG which stands for commonly accepted unverified personal gnosis. ((In terms of when something comes up that is a common occurance but still not strictly "by the book"))

When I get into discussions with a few people that I deal with in the normal day to day magickal world ((few local friends)) I often run into the issue that in order for them to accept my concepts or ideas there is often a need to go to someone who is somewhat considered a "superior" person so that my idea can be validated by someone else.

I feel personally that within the spectrum of what I do so long as my concepts and ideas are not completely "wacked" out or non-"traditional" there is no real need to go to someone else everytime for validation of the idea itself because in doing so you have now created the concept of "That you don't trust your own work" which means that until you run across someone else who does exactly the same thing you do you will never know if what your doing is "true".

You can grow by talking about your ideas and discussing them, but there is a slight difference that makes up a lot of difference between discussing your thoughts and trying to get your thoughts validated and that makes a world of difference.

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login