An evolving seal

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

An evolving seal

Post#1 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Been a bit of a long day but I was running into something and I came up with an interesting idea for doing seals. The concept though requires working with something that is a bit and piece parcel. IE tarot and I ching, in which the bit's and pieces are just segments and fragments of a whole entity. A set of seal's or sigil's could then be based then off that whole entity and being in which all are represenative of that whole being. For example the I ching break's down into 64/32/16/8/4/2 so when you have 2/4/8/16/32 you have a reaminder of 2 that can then be used in a form of finishing seals ((in this case representing the hexagram creative and the hexagram the receiving)). Stacking on top of each other and then writing over each ((similer to the four fold seal technique)) allows you to connect each seal togeather.

Since however there are layers you can do the exact same thing only in reverse after connecting and writing togeather the entire seal then it would just be a simple manner of disconnecting it from the top and repeating the entire process so that no matter how many pieces are disconnected from the top or the sides the seal never breaks only changes it's final shape. In terms of representing something of a more "infinite" nature this ever evolving pattern is a completely unknown factor and could completely redefine the seal though the basic concept never changes.

I will probabaly end up working on this over the weekend and putting togeather a couple of snap shops to actuall show or demonstrate the actual idea.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login