LBRP Question

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Sid_0.5
Practicus

LBRP Question

Post#1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:47 pm

(Edit) I'm assuming there's a reason Mr. Gray-Cobb put the ritual there in english, either to be easier to use and understand to set the readers mind at ease as to the powers they're appealing to, and i'm not questioning his work, though i was under the impression that it was designed to be easy for the reader to use (and perhaps sacrificing potency for making it easier to understand and comprehend)

But if the case is, it doesn't matter how the ritual is presented (language wise), i would like to know this for future reference.
(/Edit)

I've been reading through Frater Malak's Mystical Grimoire of mighty spells and rituals, and i found that he refers to a ritual called "the Place-Cleaning" ritual. It closely resembles the LBRP (Exact match aside that the incantation it being done in English). I surmise this doesn't alter it's effectiveness, but the incantation is exactly the same when translated.

I was curious at first as to what the LBRP was, as i have no experience in working rituals (my limited experience stems only from altered states of consciousness which would make me a neophyte to most standards, though i didn't come here to become an adept as much as i came here to answer as many of my questions as i could based on the communities experiences).

After some research (and Brother BB telling me that the grimoire uses mainly white magic, as well as the comparison between the beings called in the spells and rituals to some comparable ( and at times identical) enochian angels) and have come to the conclusion that his work with that grimoire was heavily influenced by enochian magic (not exactly the same, but it does seem to influence it)

Anyhow, aside my over-descriptive nature, i didn't come here to talk about that today. I came to ask if the LBRP is in fact interchangeable, as some of the research I've read says the ritual should be recited in the language it was presented, though Frater Malak's version in the grimoire quite obviously is in english.

Is it a matter of the caster's preference, or is there a prefered manner (prefered by the cosmic powers) to perform the ritual? I suppose i should have brought this up to BBB first as thus far all of my silly questions about the Grimoire have been focused on his patience, however i felt it prudent to ask all who've had experience with it.

It seems one sided to come here looking for information without anything to contribute, but i surely do make an attempt at contributing if you haven't noticed this. I don't expect people to be receptive or even warm to my constant questions. . . But i'm trying to contribute enough to where such would not be the case.

Thanks for reading this :P
There are no shortcuts. One must work tirelessly to impose their will, whether they be in a mundane world, or an occult one.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login