General non-grimoiric evocation

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
[V]
Practicus

General non-grimoiric evocation

Post#1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

How do you typically evoke an entity that is not within the context of a grimoire?
Are there any general purpose evocation rituals within the Golden Dawn system that I can learn?

So far what I've been doing is invoking the appropriate elements, and then simply commanding the entity to manifest
by compelling it with tetragrammaton & the four elements.
*update*
If I am going to try to compel them with the four elements, should I use pentagrammaton of the four elements?

I just recently had an epiphany as to what I must do to improve my results. I decided I have to deepen my understanding of the name; IHVH. I am reading the book "The Word of Power" by Donald Tyson.

It seems the more understanding I have of the name, the more authority I feel when commanding spirits. I still have yet to attain a full physical evocation, but I think I'm on the right track. I figure deepening my understanding of the elements should help to.

I am trying to evoke Elubatel in specific.
What I am doing now, is:
- LBRP
- LBRH
- Middle Pillar
- CBL
- Greater Hexagram
- Greater Pentagram
- Then I pray to my HGA to help me evoke the spirit in question
- Then I command the spirit to show under the name of tetragrammaton & the elements.

What I want to know, is if there is a technique specifically for evoking spirits under the Golden Dawn system that are not revealed in a Grimoire. EG, you only have the entities name / scryed its sigil (no evocation ritual is given).

Thanks a lot!
[V]

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login