Heptagram vs Hexagram Ritual

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
[V]
Practicus

Heptagram vs Hexagram Ritual

Post#1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 pm

It is my understanding that the heptagram represents the seven major planets. The inner shape inscribed represents the planetary microcosm in our mind.

The ritual of the heptagram can be used to invoke planetary energies and things of that nature. So it is safe to say the Heptagram represents the micro & macrocosm right?

Then what exactly is the point of the hexagram ritual. The hexagram represents the microcosm and the macrocosm as well. I know with the hexagram ritual you ban banish and invoke elements as well. But it also has a mode where you inscribe the planetary sigil of in the hexagram of earth to invoke it.

I see how they differ in the sense that the hexagram is also used to handle the elements. So what is the point of having these two different rituals? Why not just create an elemental invoking/banishing mode on the heptagram ritual?

While I'm around the topic,
What exactly is the difference between the elemental banishing/invoking mode on the rituals of the Pentagram and the elemental b/i mode in that of the hexagram?

The way I figured is, in the pentagram we are directing the elemental energies of earth. With the hexagram I am addressing the same elemental energies of the universe (which is why we make portal signs?) ? Am I correct-ish?

Thanks!
-[V]
[V]

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login