Reflections

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

Reflections

Post#1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 pm

“That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing"

When I often meet fellow practicioners and other occultists, amongst other greetings that we might hear are a few astrology comments. An example would be “I am a Aries with Cancer Rising” ((Poor Fellow)), but this in itself is a bit of a cop out. The occultists uses the astrology in order to explain both himself and in doing so where his personality trains come from. I have never been a fan of this because it does not actually explain the source of individuallity but instead waves off the explanation at an unknown function that is assumed to be true. “”IE As Above So Below”

So this shorthand has become short handed into a common occult cop out that we cannot use to understand an idea. This idea than becomes expanded into the concept of the macroverse versus the microverse of the self. That the macroverse reflects the microverse and that by understanding the microverse of the self, then the macroverse becomes more easily understood.

In common physics newton’s third law states that each action must have an equal and opposite reaction, and this has also become known to have a bit of a karmic attributation as well, or that action x will have an exact opposite force of –x somewhere else that needs to be settled somewhere along the line in order to come to fruition.

When I originally went through this and attempted to use the concept of absolute or |x| as a mean’s of expressing the idea of divinity I found that even though the idea made sense to me on a personal level. The idea of conveying this idea through the occult world in a more simple sense was not quite so easy. The idea is that through out the mutiple references to the dualism found through out the occult world is in reality a version of an absolute value.

Brother M from EvocationMagic.Com introduced me to the concept of a simple infinity exercise which is quite usefull to any occultists as to understand the concept of infinity.

“There is a good meditation in the Sefer Yetzirah that helps you to get over this sort of physical world limitation where everything has to be relative.

1) Meditate or do whatever relaxation you normally do
2) Visualise a circle, just a circle
3) After a while, visualise a dot in the middle of that circle
4) Now expand the circle to infinity as you contract the dot to infinity

it kind of pulls your mind in two opposing directions and eventually you have the realisation that when the dot is infinitely small, and the circle is infinitely large, they are the same. This in turn translates to the divine and its relationship with a human. Also, in the prayer I placed on the blog, it is a symbolic meaning of "indivisible and yet in all things"

Which we go into the various idea’s as proposed other wise ((including Crowlye’s origins of Nudit and Hadit as the point and the circle)), but here we start to differ. Divinity does not arise from this matter but rather from the non-existence in this manner. Which we can see in Zen practices and the attempt to achieve a state of “balance”. That being said I want to go a little further as to the nature of this absolute value and the origin of divine name’s which lies neither in the micro and macrocosmic sephira but in their inbetween. In the idea of an absolute sephira.

Infinite in nature yet defined by terms is an odd concept to grasp but let me throw it out there and return to the original quote from the Hermetica.

“That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing"

Neither what is below or what is above is the source of each other they are in truth simple reflections of each as seen through the image of their existence. But if neither is the source of what we see than what is.

A focal point, a point that is infinitely small, yet within it contains all the necessary information. For each view for each idea, there is a focal point that exists between the microcosmic view and the macrocosmic view. It is a point that is unimportant save that it must exist for the two worlds to be connected together. It is a point of potential and the point of divinity. The external images which projects from it can be of infinite size limited to only our perceptions.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login