My Latest Dumba** Mistake

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Apollyon07
Neophyte

My Latest Dumba** Mistake

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 pm

In the endless hunt for a more effective enchanted bath, I had the brilliant idea to bless and invoke several planetary deities (Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, the Moon) into the mix of honey, milk, and cinnamon that was going to be my bathwater. I contructed a simple prayer to each deity in Chaldean order using a vaguely Orphic Hymn inspired prayer. This was sloppy because:

1. I didn't divine the outcome beforehand
2. I really didn't put much thought into the correspondences of my ingredients
3. I didn't consider what effects invoking 4 celestial gods would have on me (without any real preperation)

So... I got into what I imagined would be a "supercharged" luck and prosperity bath and meditated on gratitude. Only...something was off. At first I felt a nice little surge of energy throughout my body -- sort of like if one were to lick a 9 volt battery, but all over my skin (in a nice way). A few moments later and I felt like I had stuffed my whole body into a lightsocket. When I say I felt uncomfortably energetic, that is an understatement. I realized something had gone awry and climbed out of my tub, thanked the gods evoked, and promptly started trying to ground myself. But I couldn't.

It was like I had replaced a Gameboy's double A battery with a Jerry-rigged submarine nuclear reactor. The only thing that comes close to describing how I felt was the descriptions of "Kundalini Crisis" I've read about on Reddit. My mind was a soup of spinning ideas, thoughts, and imaginings. I couldn't direct my thoughts. I couldn't even imagine a single thing for longer than a second. My initial thought was "did I just induce magickal psychosis?"

So after pacing in my living room for several stressful minutes (wet, sticky, and realizing I had made a pretty big goof), I decided the only thing I could do to ground all this energy was venture out to the park and beg the trees to take all of this surplus energy from me. I hurriedly dressed and basically crawled in a panicked state out to the park at midnight and hugged the base of a giant tree in my neighborhood. I asked it to absorb the excess energy and basically save me from my stupid magickal decisions. Almost immediately I felt something like tendrils move up from my feet and upward throughout my body, pulling the disturbing energy out of me. And just like that I was back to normal. I thanked that tree with tears in my eyes. It was that moment that I noticed an old woman across the street looking at me with a sort of "that poor crazy man, I hope he's okay" look. I sprung to my feet and went home.

The moral of the story is:
1. Don't do what I did unless you know what you're doing
2. Trees are awesome

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login