The Goofy Grimoire Experiment

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

The Goofy Grimoire Experiment

Post#1 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:58 pm

Greetings Magical Experimentors of SA,

We often talk about goofy / made up new age approaches to magic, how they don't work, or how they kind of insult the intelligence of serious practitioners with their dumbed-down assumptions and approaches. But I wonder if you'd be interested in a magical group experiment. My theory is that magically gifted people can make anything work. And I want to see how far an experienced group can take something that is, on its face, really, really silly.

In my opinion, the new age occultist, "Embrosewyn Tazkuvel," has put out one of the silliest, vaguest, fluffiest angel grimoires I've ever seen: Angels of Miracles and Manifestation. In fact, I think it barely qualifies as a catalogue of put-together servitors (dubbed "angels"). For the purposes of this experiment, that's very good! I wanted to use something really ridiculous without a dignified or scholarly pedigree. According to Amazon, the book has been out since 2017. And goodness knows, it's hard not to giggle at it.

I was sent a copy sometime in 2018 to write a paid review of it. But I couldn't bear it and took a pass. That said, I now have an interesting use for the thing. Below, I'm attaching the seal of "Huberon," the book's Angel of Abundance. By including it here in this public post, I'm only excerpting a small part of the book (there are 144 "angels" listed) for critique / review purposes and will not be making any money or using this to promote myself or Studio Arcanis in any way. Instead, I want to challenge the members here to make "Huberon" come alive. Make him work for you. Call him forth and ask for greater abundance in your life!

To make it even more interesting, I'm not going to include the ritual method as given in the text and encourage you to devise your own! Just work with the entity's seal. But if you want to get the book (heh), it's only $9 on Kindle. And this is a lot of entertainment for $9. Anyway, the experiment amounts to a kind of inner discipline: can we, using our magical ingenuity and skills, make a seal from this grimoire work even though it's faker than fake? How much of the magic is in the practitioner and how much is in the method or grimoire? This is a question that greatly interests me and, I think, quite a few others here.

I suggest, for the purposes of a group experiment, we set a time limit of 1 month from date of performance to see results. The experiment is open to anyone who is a member of SA, but I suggest that it would be most helpful if those who want to participate feel they already know how to produce some results through magic. In other words, if you're a complete beginner, this might not be the best time to test yourself like this (but definitely observe the experiences of more seasoned practitioners as they work on this).

huberon.png
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login