Promotion of my book, what do you think?

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
talerman
Magus

Promotion of my book, what do you think?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi dear friends

I will have the book promotion about my book "Spirits of tarot" in Belgrade, on 22 February in front of quite a lot of people.

Still, I have no clear plan about what I am going to talk about.

Certainly, much has been said about tarot, so it is not a new subject, but I want to make my lecture as magical as possible, which means, I would emphasize:

1. Some hermetic myths about tarot's appearance
2. Some historical facts about tarot's appearance
3. The main spirit of tarot and how to evoke him and keep in touch with him or her afterwards
4. Very short but precise information about some spirits within greater and minor arcana
5. Tarot in everyday life...practice...
6. Tarot divination before each magical evocation or important task
7. Tarot and correspondences from cabala and astrology for example.
8. Invoking the powers of specific tarot cards in order to achieve certain goal.
9. Tarot and evocation, invocation, astral projection, etc.
9. Tarot and new age and charlatans

That all being said, I might surprise the audience and also myself by arranging the speech in accordance to the taken card during the lecture. To be more precise, I may say, now, my speech will be influenced by the following card, and then I would take it out from the deck, and talk accordingly.

My idea is not to be too serious and academic, but also not too much relaxed. I do not want to be seen as a guru for sure. Many of the people who will attend will be my old friends with no hermetic or magical background at all. Even my parents might attend, and they are very atheistic, but still happy to have me publish this book, even though it is very strange for them and difficult to understand.

I need to be somehow serious, but not too much and charismatic but not too much.

Or I can just let myself explode and let tarot talk instead of me.

Well, you see, this is the first time I am experiencing this kind of situation,
so I would appreciate your feedback.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login