Magic as the art of image and words

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Red30
Practicus

Magic as the art of image and words

Post#1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:42 pm

@talerman You're right you can never leave the occult.

Since October I have been thinking about what magic really is. A lot of the time I see that it's something spiritual or materialistic, but what if we're doing magic all the time without ever realizing it? When we ask someone to do something for us, are we not "casting a spell"? When we write something are we not changing our own or someone else's consciousness? Perhaps the formalized systems as seen on this forum are just a form of theatrics of the mind. Designed to invoke emotions with focused intentions. To get those seeds of intent planted into our minds. That magic at it's most basic level is the art of the idea. I have stepped away from the hocus pocus aspect of magic, instead I've simply focused on The Word. I noticed that each morning that the very first things I'd say to myself always set the days mood. Is this not magic? Within some school of thought I suspect not, others it might be. Reading these words on your screens. I have strung together symbol sets to create words. Those words each have meaning. Together they form sentences. These sentences inform you of something. You are right now as you read this taking a part in "telepathy". A distant communication of an idea. The ideas I have presented may or may not change your consciousness. They might on some level start up your mental gears. Giving you ideas and counter points, but the thing is I have communicated my ideas to you. I have in other words cast a spell.

Which brings me to my point. Magic is the art of communication. I ask of others, they ask of me. We may or may not sweeten our words with emotions. Subtle body movements. Symbolic languages, the written word. Sharing ideas through some medium. So I ask. Is magic really just an art? Are we not the writers of our own self-fulfilling prophecy?

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login