Astral projection, astral travel, dream work in theory and practice

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
NoxLumina
Philosophus

Astral projection, astral travel, dream work in theory and practice

Post#1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi folks. So there's an experience I've kept having and I have some working theories about it, and I figure this is as good a topic as any for kicking off a thread about astral projection, OOBEs (Out Of Body Experiences), astral travel, lucid dreaming/dream work, and by extension, probably shamanic journeying (I feel like these are related experiences; focus and work on one of those usually leads to me doing a lot of the others).

I do a lot of out of body and astral stuff, and a lot of intense dream work. An experience I keep having is where I encounter someone I know in the astral, an imagined space, or other kind of plane of reality, and interact with that person.

What will often happen is that there is no way this person could have been doing astral work, as they were fully awake, doing something else (for example, at their job) while I was working.

Usually a day later - but it could be longer - they will sometimes report a dream or an experience that seems to be them having *their* side of the same experience, for example, the next night while they're asleep. (Sometimes if it's a person who's intentionally closing themselves off to something from me, I will see them in a dream with their back turned to me, or they'll be ignoring me, though the person isn't necessarily shutting me out in person.)

This has happened a number of times.

It makes me think that there is a part of us that is always in the astral (this seems to be how Huna constructs astral work and the parts of the soul/multiple souls). Recently I did an experiment to see if I could get a friend to contact me - by directing my own "astral resident" soul/soul part, "astral resident, contact C.'s astral resident and get them to contact me." I had been out of contact with this person for some time and no longer had any contact information for them, they deleted their facebook, etc. Well... lo and behold, they initiated contact with me about 48 hours later. (I've had situations like this happen before, but it always seemed like an accident or coincidence.) I suppose this could also be explained by something related to pop culture's idea of quantum entanglement (though not necessarily the actual scientific meaning of that term).

I've felt a lot like there is a part of me that is always keeping an eye out on the astral and a lot of my astral travel experiences feel like I am transferring awareness to my "astral resident." I suspect we all are, and I'm wondering what others' ideas are about this.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login