Spatial Quadrants Exercise

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
blindwake
Zelator

Spatial Quadrants Exercise

Post#1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Most of my work has been theoretical, or strictly subjective, but there's one thing that really fired up my interest in the occult. When I was a teen, a friend and I wanted to try psionics. We were looking specifically at the ideas of constructs and scanning.

Scanning is where you "scan" a space for impressions, and constructs are supposed to be impressions of objects put into a space.

We decided to try a mind reading exercise, but with a limited number of things we could think of: square, triangle, or circle. The idea was that ambiguous scans would tend towards one of the three ideas more than any other idea, even if the scan was poor. We had mild success with this.

I decided that I wanted to add a spatial aspect to manifest something separate from us. So I set up a plus sign on a floor by using some pens: +. This divided the room into quadrants.

Each of us would take turns putting whatever construct we wanted into at most one quadrant. The idea was that it didn't matter how bad we were at making stable constructs, since a scanner would still always locate a "blob" in at least on of the quadrants. Alternatively, the scanner would be able to reach with their hands to try and "feel for something". I had supposed this would be an advantage over the mind reading exercise since the space to scan would be more intuitive.

After about three hours, with very high success rates, but nothing really "solid" so far, my buddy says, "Oh yeah, it's definitely in this quadrant, I can feel it." I didn't believe him, so I reached into the quadrant. Sure enough, there was a cloud of "static" in the air. Like someone had magnetized it. Later he pretended it never happened, and I also doubted it, except that he felt it before I did, making it independent of me.

Any ideas about what happened? I'd prefer if specific factors were mentioned, rather than a theory that pertains to a specific paradigm, as many factors are common to many paradigms. Still, all input is welcome.
The ability to think can be corroded. The thoughts themselves never break down.
Occult as in hidden, not conspiracy. I'm Paper Mario, asking the cubes to do things.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login