Coping With Sensory Changes

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
blindwake
Zelator

Coping With Sensory Changes

Post#1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 am

I'm starting to notice very tangible results from my regular practices and I'm wondering if anyone can relate or has any advice on coping with the entailed sensory changes.

I've been trying to complete the controlled hallucinations aspect of IIH's step two, but have also been doing the LBRP as a sort of "kata" to practice using the different senses together in a meaningful way.

I'm starting to get what I'd call sensory overload. Bardon mentions that the magician should become more focused and aware, but I feel like if my body were a toaster built for 120 V power, I'm now plugged into a 220 V plug. It's not so much that I'm seeing more, but that I'm more aware I think. E.g. if I could always see an image, but could only focus within a sliding window, now that window is the entire image.

Also add a tiny bit of synaesthesia though from getting distracted every once in a while and being able to easily manifest sensations. E.g. Suppose I think of the taste of a burger and suddenly I also feel like I'm holding one (in an extra pair of "astral" hands). As well, I'm noticing that crowds bother me a bit.

Can anyone relate / give advice on remaining grounded / slowing the development process in favor of quality over intensity? I'm finding meditation, mirrors, and centering work wonders, I'm just wondering if anyone has any clever tricks.
The ability to think can be corroded. The thoughts themselves never break down.
Occult as in hidden, not conspiracy. I'm Paper Mario, asking the cubes to do things.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login