Magical people and egomania

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
the_spiral
Zelator

Magical people and egomania

Post#1 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Maybe some of you all can shed light on something that has been bothering me lately. I have noticed a certain strain of egomania in many occult communities, both on and offline. I see tendencies toward arrogance, superiority, and solipsism, sometimes to the point where the person comes across unpleasant and suffocating in their energy. These exist in all communities, but I've noticed a higher than average amount of these characters in occult communities. I see people who claim great wisdom and spiritual authority, but who appear to be stuck in very obvious ego traps. Or they possess genuine power, but haven't taken the command of "Know Thyself" to heart and lack basic self awareness or social skills. I'm not talking about frauds or scammers; I mean people who have legitimate magical skills but who come across as noticeably stunted or unbalanced in other areas of life. Not saying I've never been guilty of these problems, but I'm just wondering why they seem so...pronounced in many magical people.
Last edited by the_spiral on Sat May 05, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login