Shamatha Meditation and the Jhanas

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
ShumDuddering
Neophyte

Shamatha Meditation and the Jhanas

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm

As a beginner, I'm finding benefit from pursuing Shamatha meditation (concentration meditation). I'm more interested in healing at the moment and after Shamatha (about an hour) I can feel "energy" or "something" seemingly moving when I attempt healing techniques, such as Rawn Clark's Archaeous which I like very much so far: http://abardoncompanion.de/Self-HealingArchaeous.html

Anyway question for the group: do you pursue Shamatha practice? Do you spend time in the jhanas? (Jhanas are supposed to be quite healing; I also think the fourth jhana, from everything I've read, makes the ideal platform for magical endeavors, similar to Bardon's VOM, but I'm not sure.) Any thoughts or comments on incorporating jhana meditation into a magical practice?

I'm working through a course based on a book titled The Mind Illuminated right now. It just seems like a sensible, grounded way to establish oneself, especially as a beginner.

Thanks.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login