Pythagorean and Gnostic Elements in the Hermetic Rosey Cross Ritual

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
QuartzTeletarch
Neophyte

Pythagorean and Gnostic Elements in the Hermetic Rosey Cross Ritual

Post#1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Am I the only one who notices a Tetraktys pattern in the Rosey Cross Ritual of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn? Basically the sequence of 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10 ? I've noticed it differs much from their other magick circles and I do believe they actually went with the pythagorean symbol of all creation - the Tetraktys - as the main formula for it.
The evidence for my point is extremely simple and I believe it holds true.
- It begins with Yeshua as a single repeated name ( 1 exactly, repeated but still only one name) representing among other things the current of The One, the number of everything, unity and one-ness,
- The second divine name Yehovasha is then said exactly once but in combination with Yeshua, representing 2, the Dyad, number of differentiation and difference, but also both the 2 And the 3 are represented by the two names in conjunction with 3 representing sameness. This basically represents the second of the four rows descending from the pyramidal shaped tetraktys.
That of sameness and difference, whereas the top row was oneness.
- then there are the 3 names Isis, Apophis, and Osiris conjoined in the one name IAO to represent the third layer down, the layer of Spirit as in Soul, which in the Tetraktys shown as the numbers 4, 5, and 6. Stability, Power, and Meeting Points. And of course these three names in one also represent the Trinity.
- then there are the names of the Enochian Angels at the end taken from the Tablet of Union, 4 in all, called in one continuos sequence, representing the 4th layer of the Tetraktys: the Elemental Layer of the 4 elements under Spirit, the 7, 8, 9, and 10.

It makes sense then that this ritual is using the Tetraktys on at least some level to draw down healing energy from the highest point of creation to its recipient in the material world and even follows a " Chain of Being ". Though this could also be interpreted as a Gnostic cosmic hierarchy as it goes 1) Logos, 2) Demiurge, 3) Gods, and 4) Angels.

* drops the mike *

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login