Curiosity about Satanism

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Curiosity about Satanism

Post#1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:51 am

Every now and then over the years, people will have encountered Luciferian, Theistic Satanist, or associated material on the internet or in books and will want to ask some basic questions about it, particularly in terms of whether "reverse Christianity" is a healthy thing to be practicing, given who the winner is in that mythology. When people make these posts, five things usually happen that result in a short discussion:

1. The UPG-Christians start mooing loudly about damnation promised by GREAT AND TERRIBLE YHVH.
2. The UPG-Theistic Satanist true believers start hissing that LaVey was a con man and never had a visionary experience of GREAT AND TERRIBLE LORD SATAN.
3. The materialist atheist Satanists roll their eyes and go back to their online masturbatoriums.
4. Someone trying to establish his coolness will mock the entire discussion as anachronistic and stupid ("Sure Satanism was a thing in the 1960s as a way to shock the man, but now it's passe. And don't give me that Nightside of Eden crap! Kenneth Grant was an airhead!")
5. The serious magical practitioners will start ranting about the inherent ignorance in all of the above and / or recommending books until they give up in disgust.

You can find those books easily. Use search terms: "western esotericism," "spiritual dissent," "antinomianism," and "scholarship" in conjunction with "satanism." As always, it's up to the individual to do the homework and so decrease personal ignorance. :g00gle

That said, all kinds of Satanism share one common thread: they draw power, at least in part, from provocation. If you're feeling emotional in any way when dealing with a Satanist or satanic ideas, you've been provoked. You're giving power to that person or to the constellation of beliefs in question. If you like that (and I should admit I do), then indulge in it. If it bothers you, then relax and focus on less disturbing ideas. My advice is to stop looking for One Truth and get comfortable with multiple truths, uncertainty, gray areas, relativity. If you can do that, you will learn faster and will find the right tools for the right problems.

S+A
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login