Healing injuries vs illness and disease

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
ZippyZoo
Neophyte

Healing injuries vs illness and disease

Post#1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 pm

So I've been dealing with wrist tendonitis or some sort of RSL from typing on computers. I'm also reading condensed chaos by Phil Hine and have generally become familiar with reading of certain concepts of healing in magick.

However, the types of healing or targets of these magicks tend to be more towards, I've assumed, more invisible or mysterious illnesses such as viruses, mental illness, cancers, or chronic conditions, and sometimes things such as pain (back, nerve, etc).

I'm wondering for something more visible or 'concrete' such as broken bones, RSLs, wounds - things where the prescription is generally rest and time - whether the same typical approaches to healing would be used.

I tend to see things like blessed waters, or the element as a concept, or visualizing disease leaving, banishing demons - and I wonder if these concepts would also be applied towards injuries with clear physical causes. How would you imagine an injury being cured or purified? For wrist tendonitis would you banish a keyboard?? For a skateboarder, would you imagine the moment of injury and cast the trauma out?

Would you apply the same idea of healing waters soothing inflammation and then accelerating healing? The acceleration of healing makes more sense to me here, more than banishing an injury. But maybe I'm not being imaginative enough. I guess to me it seems like there would be different approaches.

I've not attempted many spells and haven't dabbled in healing magick, just read some stuff in the past. Most of it was either psychological healing, healing the earth, and healing silent killers like cancer, or mental illness. Not so much injuries, or short term injuries. And I'm wondering if it's because the remedy is obviously to wait it out, so magick typically isn't done on these.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Edit: condensed chaos came in here because of the servitors bit. I can see creating a servitor to play the role of nurse or physical therapist, reminding you to stretch or warding off a PC from you , or finding you resources to heal (free acupuncture), or easing tension and stress mentally first, nudging your intuition towards applying heat/ice, or for prevention of re-injury. But directly affecting the injury somehow escapes me.
Last edited by ZippyZoo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
avatar is from graphic novel series "The Wicked + The Divine"

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login