Necessary state for magical practice and "the calling"

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Sepherion
Adeptus Major

Necessary state for magical practice and "the calling"

Post#1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:43 am

A few days ago I watched the movie "Milarepa", which is about a Tibetan practitioner and his story. In the movie, he meets a master of black magic, who teaches him that people have "white" or "black" days. A "white" day is considered a day in which the person's vital force is stronger and a "black" one is a day in which his vital force is weak or faint. To curse someone, you'd need to catch that person in one of his/her "black" days, whereas you have one of your "white" days.

I'm thinking there's more to this than just cursing. Ultimately, the price for any kind of magic is your life force. And I don't mean blood. I mean the force of your spirit, which keeps you alive. It is that force that you consume when you do magic. Which is why, after a successful evocation, most magicians want to take a nap or eat, or something like that, to regain their energy/life force.

Which brings me to the main topic: the state you have to be in to practice magic. In my own experience I noticed that you need to be in a certain state in order for magic to work. For example, if your life force is weak (usually because of bad sleep - you know, when you wake up and you still feel tired, or when you wake up in a bad state and it sticks with you for the rest of the day), your magic is going to be weaker. Any kind of ritual you do will ultimately be built upon your own energy. If that energy is weak, the ritual will be weak. If you are on one of your "white" days, your magic will naturally be stronger because you, its source, are stronger when you do it.

This is especially true when it comes to spirit communication. I have noticed that sometimes I can talk clearly to spirits and other times the communication is weak and I can barely hear the spirit. I noticed that this has to do with another state required for doing magic, which is the most important state. This is where it gets interesting.

I call it "the calling". Now I don't know if there are other people who noticed this but, in my own practice, I noticed that there is a certain "feeling" that you get, usually an intuitive one, on when and how you should do a ritual. It is as if magic itself or your own higher self is calling you to do it. If you are sensitive enough and hear "the calling" and you do the ritual as instructed by your magical intuition/K&C (however you wanna call it), the magic is going to be 100% successful.

Indeed, I noticed that this is the best time to do your magic. There's some sort of natural order in this practice. If you follow the "voice" inside, you'll be successful in your practice. If you don't, you won't be. It's like an inner clock, which starts ringing when the time is right for you to do magic. Just like the sailors wait for the tide to sail.

Has anyone ever had such experiences?
But be thou sure that clear sight shall never man have here in this life: but the feeling may men have through grace when God vouchsafeth.

- The Cloud of Unknowing

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login