Working beyond classical planets

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Apollon
Practicus

Working beyond classical planets

Post#1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 am

Maybe the subject is not clear enough. Let me rephrase myself and try to explain my current thoughts.

I used the search option, and came across a topic which was slightly similar to what I have in mind. However, that topic dates from 2009, would feel bad for me to necropost that.

Aside from Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, which have been already discussed regarding their influence in practical magic, there are a lot other astrological points.

Since ancient times humanity has related spirits, gods, intelligences, ... to fixed stars and planets. We have also made whole systems, encompassing an incredible number of spirits and/or intelligences to each planet.

Now, what about asteroids? Can they fit in practical magic?
The 4 well-known astrological asteroids, Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta, are only a starter. Asteroid 433, Eros, is also growing famous claiming it describes one's attitude in sex. Asteroid 16, Psyche, also grew some popularity, however this one is more obscure and harder to read.
Centaurs, and mainly Chiron, is also very worthy mentioning.

And then we have the Lunar Apogee, Lilith, and the Lunar Perigee, Priapus. I've never read the later, but I consider Lilith to be a very important point in one's natal chart.
Claiming Lilith(the demon) to be the spirit of the astrological Lilith(And, by extension, Priapus to be the spirit of Priapus) may work, or may not. Let's not forget the classical planets are actually the Graeco-Roman gods, and we still know a lot of spirits from those spheres.

So - What's your take in all this? Do you think these... more obscure astrological points could be part of our practices?

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login