Gateway Tree's

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
monsnoleedra
Adeptus Minor

Gateway Tree's

Post#1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

I made mention of Gateway Tree's in another post so figured I might as well post this write up I did on them a few years ago. People may have seen it before, maybe not. Hopefully you'll at least enjoy my thoughts on it.

Gateway Tree’s

I suppose that many people will have different names for what I define as “Gateway Tree’s”. Yet regardless of the name used I shall refer to them by the name I know them as and relate to them with. While the name is important perhaps the greater importance is to define just what a Gateway tree is for a name means little if one does not know what the name represents.

To me Gateway Tree’s are those tree’s that nature has elected through some purpose to split at ground level and form a V-shaped figure between the trunks. One critical facet is that these trees always originate from a single taproot and form into two trunks with the tip of the V being either at ground level or a few inches above the ground. The type of tree really is not of importance though it seems for me many of them are Cedars or other soft wood type tree’s.

Over the years I have seen many of the V-shaped trees but only a few have pulled me to them and made me sit and ponder before them. Those trees that maybe buried in a forest of similar trees or even surrounded by other trees with the V-shaped trunks, yet those certain ones that call you and seem to vibrate just slightly different than others. Yet one can not rule out others, as possible gateways for not all are active at the same time. Some trees are active at night, some active in certain phases of the moon or points on the calendar.

One of the most precious to me is a young cedar tree that is growing near a sacred spot. To look at it one would think nothing of it. A young sapling type tree that forms a long flowing V-shape as it rises into the air. Ironically perhaps in those young cedars on either side of it lean inwards to make it look almost like a giant M against the skyline. Many times have I sat before it yet it is not active all the time. For me it was a cold winter night around Christmas when I was doing a ceremony and happened to turn and look to see the full moon rise up from its base and climb into the night sky to be hung perfectly between the sides of the V.

Sitting there looking upon the full moon did I get pulled through the Gateway and rise into the night sky. To have my senses expanded beyond my very ability to comprehend what was being revealed to me. To have my hearing suddenly sharpened to such a state as to hear sounds that prior to that were either ignored or unheard. The sound of the whispering winds touching the bark and branches of the high peaks all the way down to the river. The heavy snap, crackle and pop of the fire to the rubbing of branch upon branch and the creak of sleeping trunks as they swayed back and forth.

Many a night did I return there over the winter months and sit with my fire and watch the full moon as it rose and opened the gateway. To see the silver shimmer of light upon the spider web in the tree’s before it. The flicker of fireflies when none should be their due to the coldness of winters hand. Yet for all the glory revealed to me an equal sadness for the gateway formed by that particular Cedar only appears to be active in the winter months when the moon rises just right to open it.

While that Cedar is inactive anytime but those few winter months I have found other’s that by chance I have stumbled across when active. One such tree was a pine tree that sat high upon the mountain line on a ridge that speared out into the surrounding valley. I happened to come upon it one day as the evening was fading and the sun was setting into the horizon. The tree caught my attention and I left the trail to go sit in the V for a bit. As I sat there the world was illuminated with the bursting colors of the setting sun and my mind was soon adrift. For perhaps an hour or more I was in many places and many times as my mind seemed to connect to the tree and I saw the many images the tree had seen over the years it stood upon that lonesome place.

It was a good mile walk into the woods to get to that tree but it became a friend I visited many times on my journeys home from work. Winter, Summer, Spring and Fall didn’t seem to matter for it happened each time as the sun was setting upon the horizon. Yet while it had echoes of what it saw the rest of the time it truly became alive and one became a part of it while setting in the V when the sun’s rays were coloring the horizon.

Yet it need not only be when the trees gateway is open that one finds themselves part of the tree. One may use the gateway or V-shaped trees at any time. For in reality the tree itself is symbolic of many things and functions as many conditions if one knows the ways of looking upon it.

A tree with a wide gapping V is a mother-birthing tree. Like a child from the womb of life one may re-experience the birth into this world. One may sit upon the ground, with fingers dug deep into mother earth and crawl up into the V to rise to a full standing position. There in the cradle of life one is reborn and steps forth upon the land a new person or cleaned and reborn spirit depending upon what ceremonies they utilized.

One may use the V passage as the severing point between one attachment and stepping away from it. I find many times when I wish to leave something behind the Gateway Trees have proven to be a critical juncture. Many times I make my call and speak my peace as I release the attachment to whatever thing or condition I seek to release. I then step into the V and stand upon the taproot rising from the depths of mother earth and become one with the rising energy stream and life force that pushes upward. While there I am filled with new growth and sererity and peacefulness of the ages. My breathing is calmed, my blood pressure lessened and weariness leaves my body and my spirit recharged. Then I step forth unto the other side with the tree acting as a natural pair of scissors that cut away my attachments to the old and released items.

At times the Gateway Trees may also be used as a mirror or scrying surface. I have found many times that when the clouds are low upon the mountains or the fog and mist is heavy that some gateway trees seem to have a static field between the trunks. If one sits before them as watches the shifting depths of the clouds or mist they can see many things and truths. Sometimes even find a passage through the fog or mists that opens upon other places and dimensions as if one were looking through a window. Like a mirage upon the desert places, events are opened before the eyes of the beholder or one sinks into the depths of trance and upon the third eye one interacts and becomes one with what is revealed within the arms of the uprising tree.

Those that are truly Gateway Trees come in many varieties, some active only at certain time frames or seasons. Yet whether one finds them in an active state or in an restive state one thing is for sure all of them hold a special energy and purpose if one decides to take the time to discover what revelations the tree is willing to share and reveal to the beholder.

Perhaps the next time you see a Gateway Tree you might linger just a bit longer and sit before it for a spell. Perhaps take a step through its arches and wrap your arms about the twin trunks and become one with it. Maybe, just maybe you’ll be lucky enough to discover that point when it’s earth magic is open and running and allows you to step through or look into another realm, world or just see the world about you as the tree sees it.

Perhaps!
Can't Never Did Nothing Till It Tried!

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login