Finer Points of Astrology

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
corvidus
Adeptus Major

Finer Points of Astrology

Post#1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Hey all.

As much as I know about astrology, there are always the finer points which allude me. This thread will be on that topic. My perspective is based on alchemical thinking, and may differ from more traditional approaches. Also, in this current line of thinking, I'm limiting myself to a discussion of the 7 planets only, so as not to confuse or complicate things.

To begin, my current conceptial theory of alchemical astrology is Geocentric, although I acknowledge the fact that the Earth revolves around the Sun to produce its seasons. After this there are three primary heavenly bodies:

The Sun
The Moon
Earth

These obviously represent the three alchemical principles of Mercury (The Moon/"Our" Water), Sulphur (The Sun/Fire) and Salt (Earth/Vessel/Body).

The electromagnetic fields of the Sun and Moon do a lot to protect Earth from exterior influences, and dampen the effects of the outer planets. I'm not saying they're altogether nuetralised, but after speaking with a couple Spirits from the Earth Zone, I'm lead in this direction.

My questions are, does this necessarily mean the other 5 planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) transmit the majority of their influence through the Sun and Moon? Is this how it works in traditional astrological systems, that our luminaries act as mirror-like gateways? Is this what the Trines, Sextiles, Squares, etc. represent -- how well the sun and moon channel the influence?

Cheers.
We really must free ourselves from the seduction of words

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login