A Collection of Incense

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

A Collection of Incense

Post#1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:09 am

I want to get more involved in blending and making incenses. I have bought some ingredients to make some blends and I bought Makko Powder to make pellets or cones. I'll share some of my recipes as I make them. I'd like to hear some of yours.
The incense I burn the most is whole mace blades. I buy them by the bag. Sometimes I'll scoop up a whole tablespoon of them, and light them around the edge of the spoon. When they're lit I'll lay them in a canopic shaped vase while I recite invocations. When I'm on the move out in the wild I have some mace blades in a cigarette case. I'll pull one out and put it in a split stick I carry for the purpose. Mace blades are full of oil and the fire covers the whole thing quickly so I really can't hold them with my fingers while they burn.
I also burn a good bit of Frankincense and Aloeswood sticks. I have been enjoying Morningstar Japanese incense sticks because they have no wood sticks in them.
Anybody have a good recommendation about charcoal?

Let's talk about incense. Making it, blending it, using it, buying it.
Last edited by Moonlit Hermit on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login