When you evoke a spirit

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Sepherion
Adeptus Major

When you evoke a spirit

Post#1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 am

I recently came over an interesting piece of information from archangel Gabriel. I was talking to him about how I can hear and see spirits better and he told me "Just ask the spirit to make itself visible".

This would imply that the reason people can't see and hear spirits and, as a result, have to "train" their senses, is because the spirits are usually hidden when they come and not because you can't hear or see the astral.

I guess this is why, in all the conjurations from all the grimoires, the magician asks the spirit to "appear in visible shape".

There's also the Golden Dawn formula, from the evocation of Chassan, where you tell the spirit "Too long hast thou dwelt in darkness. Quit the night and seek the day." This is a type of adress to the spirit that makes it manifest visibly. I know of many such formulas for different purposes, that sound poetic, like this one. Has anyone ever used this one? What were your results with it?

And what do you guys think about this? Is this the reason people usually can't communicate normally with the spirits?

Personally, whenever I asked the spirit to appear in visible shape, I could talk to it almost effortlessly.
But be thou sure that clear sight shall never man have here in this life: but the feeling may men have through grace when God vouchsafeth.

- The Cloud of Unknowing

This topic has 38 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login