Fought off Sleep Paralysis Spirit

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
barserek
Neophyte

Fought off Sleep Paralysis Spirit

Post#1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey guys, I am not sure Sleep Paralysis is considered of "magickal" importance by the community, maybe you think this is more of a psychological and not magickal nature. But it definitely feels like interacting with a spirit and more related to the magickal realm. I hope it's interesting anyway, and it helps anyone suffering from it.

I have struggled with nightmares and sleep paralysis for all my life. As I started studying the occult, I am now pretty convinced it has something to do with my mind being too open when I sleep, so entities -both good and bad- can "take a peek".
For those who don't know what it's like, you basically see yourself sleeping and can see and feel everything, yet you can't move or speak or wake up. Usually this is accompanied by the feeling or actual seeing of an evil entity or presence, maybe just roaming around, maybe pushing into your chest, etc -it varies from person to person-. Just to clarify, this is a different feeling than a regular dream, and the entity FEELS like a spirit, like in reality.

When I experienced this phenomena, I would instantly panick, and frantically try to move my limbs and cry for help, eventually waking up. As you can imagine, this is one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced, and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Thing is, these past few weeks I have started meditating everyday, keeping a dream journal, performing some simple banishings before I go to bed, asking for protection to certain deities and angels, nothing too complicated. I can already feel my dreams being less permeable and feel stronger mentally.

Yesterday at around 7 AM I got Sleep Paralyisis but this time it was different. I could instantly recognise it was a dream, so I became lucid. Then, instead of panicking, I told myself to keep calm and just try to move slowly. I started swinging my arms in sort of a protective motion, as If to be able to hit something if it came to it. As I was doing this I began to see something materialising in the side of my room, out of the corner of my eye. I braced to face a spirit.

A shadowy figure came forward, holding something that looked to me like a stick or a knife. It approached my bed, but instead of assaulting me, it just sat there next to me, as if observing. As it sat there I tried to scream GET OUT (it was sort of a gutural sound like certain mute people make, as if it was hard for you to speak). But hear this out: as the words came out, the figure seemed to be taken by surprise by my "command". It wouldn't leave or disappear, just seemed shocked. At this point, I started screaming GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT, and grabbed the shadow as if to choke it. Then I woke up.

I definitly think this is a milestone for me. Being able to face whatever this was is of huge importance. I advise anyone suffering from this to at least try to meditate and condition your mind to make it stronger.
I am now sort of wishing for another encounter, now that i Know I can fight this. Maybe next time I can interact with the entity, and just ask who it is and what it wants before fighting.
Thanks for reading, waiting for your impressions and comments,
Cheers!

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login