Dealing with Death

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Listener
Practicus

Dealing with Death

Post#1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 am

Hello, S.A..

My grandfather recently passed away and I've been taking time off from the Occult to mourn him. As I am fairly young and haven't had to deal with the death of a loved one before, I'm relatively uncertain of how exactly to approach the topic.

I'm being given his ashes and trusted to dispose of them as I see fit but I can't really seem to find a fitting method of disposal. While I am narrowing down locations where I might spread the ashes, the thought has occurred to me that perhaps I might use some magic to help him along in the afterlife.

I've avoided using divination to contact my Grandfather, as I would prefer that he leave this world without attachments (and I figure getting phone calls from loved ones while crossing over might be counter-intuitive to that goal).

Since asking him directly what he'd like me to do with him is off the table, I turn the topic over to you guys. How have you dealt with death in your personal life, magically or otherwise? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login