Experiment

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Sepherion
Adeptus Major

Experiment

Post#1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 am

I want to propose an experiment. It might be dangerous, as you don't know what could show up.

I read many sacred texts of many religions and what is considered to be the supreme deity is described under many attributes, but for each of the religions and cosmologies it has different names and different aspects. I was thinking of composing an invocation for this supreme deity with attributes drawn from each religion, but without mentioning any personal name and see what comes. Basically, an invocation that transcends all religions and systems.

The way this would go is each person who wants to participate should study the texts of a religious system and post here the attributes of what is considered to be the supreme god in that religion. With the attributes posted, someone who is good at poetry should compose an invocation and post it here, after which the participants will each use that invocation and report the results. Keep in mind that no personal name of any deity is to be used.

Who's in? And what system do you choose?

UPDATE: When I say the attributes of what is considered to be the supreme god in that religion, I don't mean the attributes of a specific formed god, which would undoubtedly call that god, but the attributes of what would be considered the formless, supreme and nameless god. For further reference and examples, check my post where I lay the attributes of God from the Bhagavad Gita.

The aim is to address the Supreme Being in the invocation.
Last edited by Sepherion on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
But be thou sure that clear sight shall never man have here in this life: but the feeling may men have through grace when God vouchsafeth.

- The Cloud of Unknowing

This topic has 43 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login