On feelings

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Rantanplan
Practicus

On feelings

Post#1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:54 pm

I have come to realize that there is no astral body, only what i call feelings. That which is called energy body is in reality just the aggregate of feelings. Now what interests me is how you train your feeling for your magical practice? How do you make your feeling stronger to use it for magical practice?

A good beginner exercise I know is to lie down and just 'feel' an emotion or a sensation like heat for half an hour. Try to hold that feeling. When you drift off just go back. Hold that feeling, try to make it stronger etc. Gives you much energy. Then later when this goes well you can try to send feelings from your feet to your head very fast back and forth. This raises energy as well.

When they talk in magick books about energy, prana etc. what they really talk about if they are really practitioners is that kind of feeling. It is far from emotions of ordinary people, because ours are much stronger and more pure having been cultivated and trained. A practitioner can then instantly be happy or sad, as he or she wishes. He can have whatever feeling he wants instantly. It is also enough and even better to focus always on the same feeling in training. If one feeling is trained, all are trained.

I think a problem that a lot of people have is that they think magic is about mere concentration and the mind. They work with visualizations etc. But the mind is only focussing the feeling and directing it in the right direction. Feeling is like the bullets and mind/concentration/visualization is the gun that points and shoots.

Any thoughts? :-)

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login