Obtaining a Spirit's Name/Sigil

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Frater FDNA

Obtaining a Spirit's Name/Sigil

Post#1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 am

I intend to perform a nontraditional evocation after the Solomonic fashion of a spirit that has been making itself a nuisance to me, for the purpose of interrogating and either banishing or binding the spirit, but I do not know its name or possess its sigil in order to call it up in the context of an evocation. Have any of you been in this situation before? I would appreciate any advice you could give for obtaining this information.

Background details, for those who are curious: I've been experiencing a "dark night of the soul" or a spiritual "writer's block" of sorts for almost four years. I had anticipated that this was part of a lesson I needed to learn before proceeding forward in my magical work, and that it would naturally pass once that growth was completed. At this point it has been, by any standard of measure, but the block has not lifted. I began to question whether there was not something more at work here. I became acquainted with a woman who has a spiritual/magical background that is complementary to my own, and spoke to her about the situation. She suggested a visualization/pathworking sort of exercise. The result of this was that I visibly encountered the personification of this block: an obscuring fog that completely obstructed any sight and seemed to dampen my perception of spiritual energy. It became apparent to me after that point that this block was the work of an inimical spirit, and that this spirit has taken up residence indefinitely within my psyche. After considering the best way to address the problem, I decided that the most logical course of action would be to evoke this spirit, confining it within the Triangle of Art. I am interested in learning what if any particular motivation it has, and how it came to me (though I have an idea in this regard), but these are relatively minor considerations: my primary motivation is to exorcise it. I am content simply to drive it away from me provided it does not attempt to return; if this is the case I am prepared to bind it into an object in order to imprison it (similar to Solomon's brass vessel), and as a last resort to destroy it. I would greatly prefer it not come to that. The woman I spoke of earlier will be serving as my seer in the evocation. I am not experienced with or well-versed in evocation, and this operation is outside of my comfort zone, but I have considered my options thoroughly and it seems as though there is little other recourse. Additionally, since the spirit is already attached to me, it seems as though there is relatively little to lose in attempting to detach and expel it through evocation and dismissal. Any tips or suggestions that anyone feels might be beneficial in this situation would also be appreciated.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login