It is about the time to say farewell to the Wooden Sheep and welcome in the Fire Monkey. From astrological point of view, it is easy to find all necessary information about the Fire Monkey on Internet. However, the magical aspect is missing, as it could be expected. From the magical point of you, here are some questions about the Fire Monkey we may think about as the magicians and if we want to have a succesful CHinese Year:
1. If we are at least a little bit inclined to CHinese culture, the FIre MOnkey should be a worthy subject to think about. If we never had an interest about China, then we should not bother thinking about CHinese New Year and the monkeys. In my case, I Have lived in CHina for some 14 years and it is essential for me to think about this question. It is incredible that I have never taken this question so seriously before.
2. Astrological work: It is just a beginning step for the magician to research all aspects of incoming year and characteristics of the FIre MOnkey.
3. Biographical work: Well, the next step is to research all possible stories about CHinese MOnkey, especially the one who is called the FIre MOnkey, and how it differs from its cousins: WOoden, MEtal, WAter and EArth monkey.
4. Religious work: Well, it should be necessary to visit a Buddhist or Thaoist temple, take a part in the ceremony, pray and observe what the monks are doing.
5. MAgical work: ANd now comes this interesting part, to use all of our experiences and knowledge to do our own magical work related to the FIre MOnkey. Well, such stories are very difficult to find online, especially if you don't know CHinese. But this work includes for sure: evocation of the FIre MOnkey (is he real? is he God? what kind of spirit he is?where and how to evoke him? WHat to give him for offering?), invocation, talisman work, altar, working with his energies....
Those are my ideas and I think I will do the best to try them. If something interesting happens, I will inform you about that. Please, give suggestions and if you have some experiences with CHinese animals, don't hesitate, but let me know