Another random dream query

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
PapaRomeo

Another random dream query

Post#1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Seeing a few other posts on dreams, I was reminded of an experience from childhood/early adolescence. I was on a school excursion to another island. The class were sleeping on the floor of the local secondary school. The first night there I dreamt of a vast, lidless eye floating in darkness. I don't know if I was particularly small or this thing was really big, but it seemed to fill my vision to the periphery. The sclera was marked with some kind of symbols that could have been numbers or letters - I forget details but remember different colours against the white.
I put this down broken sleep away from home and forgot about it till a few years later. Reminiscing with a former classmate, he asked if I remembered that trip. On my agreement he said that he'd never forgotten it because that first night he dreamt about a giant eyeball floating in the dark, covered in letters.
This is felt too wierd to be merely co-incidental. I've often wondered if this shared image could have come from some forgotten horror film we'd both seen (too long ago to have been the Eye of Sauron :ugeek: ) or was there actually something there that showed up in our dreams? At that time (late 80s) there was a trend among local teens to screw around with ouija boards at breaktimes; any possibility it was something they'd inadvertantly drawn the attention of?
Do any of you know of any one/thing/entity that manifests as a tattooed eye? There wasn't any particularly bad feeling about the thing, just a feeling of overwhelming otherness that was a little freaky. Similarly I've no feeling of communication with it, other than the obvious feeling of being watched.
Any input much appreciated.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login