Very new to Ceremonial Magic.

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
rrwh
Practicus

Very new to Ceremonial Magic.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:34 pm

I've always been interested in ceremonial magic but just never got around to getting started. I have some basic tools now: wood for a wand, black handled dagger, chalice, different colored paint and brushes. None of them are prepared or consecrated yet, I've seen so many variations on how to do it some input would be helpful.

I have 3 long sticks of wood haven't decided which one to use yet for it, They are: 1. Oak 2. Maple both of them cut from trees in my yard, and the 3rd a piece of aged driftwood I found on the beach here in michigan beside lake huron.

I will list all of the books I have on ceremonial magic, witchcraft, etc.. I decided to collect all of those first so at least I could get some different viewpoints and information. I realize some of the books are mostly "Wiccan" and some kind of a combination of a number of things, but I thought maybe some of the information could possibly be useful down the road.
And if anyone is familiar with any of these books and could possibly give me advice on which one to work through first (since I realize some of them are more advanced) I would appreciate it.
Books: 1. Book of black magic- Arthur Edward Waite
2. The Goetia (Lesser key of Solomon) Samuel Liddell, Mathers, A. Crowley
3.Mastering Witchcraft- Paul Huson
4. Modern Magick- Donald Michael Kraig
5. The Golden Dawn- Israel Regardie
6. 777 and other Quabalistic writings of Aliester Crowley
7. The secrets of high magick- Francis Melville
8. Enochian Vision Magick- Lon Milo DuQuette
9.The witch's magical handbook- Gavin Frost
10. The book of Enoch the prophet- R.H. Charles
11. (Several of Scott Cunninghams- Books on Wicca)..
12. Bucklands complete book of witchcraft- Raymond Buckland
13. Withchcraft theory and practice- Ly De Angeles
14. Bucklands book of spirit communication
Also have a deck of Rider/Waite Tarot cards, and an automatic writing planchette.
So anyone please help me with advice on consecrating and preparing the ceremonial ritual items I have for use, since theres so many different explainations on how to do it, and I want to get it right the first time.

I do have some previous experience with supernatural occurences. About 5 years ago just experimenting for curiousity I used a Goetic seal from the Lesser key of Solomon to try to conjure several of the entities. Nothing happened right at that time, but several weeks later in the middle of the night there were three totally black figures at the foot of my bed. I could hear them speaking to each other but in a language I could not understand, and when the one in the middle turned its face(slightly lighter than the rest of it's body) slightly to its right to talk to the one next to it, I could just vaguely make out eyes and a mouth.
Also in Ontario, Canada (not far from me) Ive gone to a Reiki practitioner and every time I went after she closed her eyes and put her hands palm down over me, I could see waves of energy kind of wavering down from above, every time I blinked my eyes my field of vision would return to normal brightness, but each time I left my eyes open again my field of vision would dim and I would see the energy again, kind of shimmering down in waves from the ceiling, it had no color to it.
I probably wont get a chance to read any replies until the weekend since I have a very long drive to work- Thankyou for your help-in advance.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login