Theoretical Magic:Raves

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gibil
Adeptus Major

Theoretical Magic:Raves

Post#1 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 pm

While I was on vacation last month one of the events I participated in was an alchemical fire circle. When it came to the theoretical aspects of the ritual I was impressed, it's pretty simple enough. But it suffers because people build in limiting factors in it. In order to give themselves up to the energy of the moment certain limitations within the self need to be bypassed and let go. This often enough doesn't happen so you suffer from a lack of energy. In the same token you also suffer from a lack of practicioners as whole for a festival of 500 people there were only 10-15.

A pretty decent introductory text on AFC's.http://www.alchemylab.com/Alchemy%20Jou ... 20No.2.pdf

A rave is the almoast polar opposite in which you have large quanities of people, vast amounts of energy and all of it is completely self contained. But there is no direction there. If you have a band playing that is doing a good job, then most of that energy is directed at the band itself. LDGVL73 can probably go into detail on that himself since he's a musician. But techno, and DJ'd music that energy is essentially trapped within the rave itself and you pretty much have a sticky sweaty mass of flesh ((Which in itself is not a bad thing :) )). Is it possible to combine the two on a theoretical level and incorporate the energy of a rave within an alchemical fire circle or something of similer purpose.

After thinking about it a little bit, you would need at least 4-5 serious practiconers for a 50-100 people who good experience with energy work. Worn sigil's and chanted mantra's would probabaly be the best way to go. I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on this?

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login