Inari

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
fratersd
Philosophus

Inari

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 am

As I mentioned before, I've been working on an evocation of the Japanese godform Inari, mostly for experimentation reasons. Here are a couple of notes that came from it.
1. My first attempt at evoking Inari yielded a visit from a fox which asked me to try again during the full moon.
2. When attempted, Inari appeared before me as an asian woman, wearing white sitting on a mound of rice, two foxes were in attendance to her.
3. Inari spoke to me of many things, I had asked her about a familiar, but she stated that that was not her pervue, that she did not bind her servants to men, but would ask them to keep an eye out for me. (interesting to note, I have seen foxes on 10 different occasions since then, and they are rare here.)
4. Inari stated that she was sometimes male, sometimes female, as she needed to be. I find this common with several spirits.
5. Stated that by and large a lot of the Japanese pantheon was apathetic to magicians of the west, but would come if asked.
6. This is the most interesting part of the night,Inari offered to be my oldest daughters Matron of Spirit. When I asked more information on what that meant, she stated that it used to be common for Gods, spirits, and the like to be asked to be a Patron or Matron of spirit. This is basically the basis for a Fairy Godmother. The spirit protects the child in matters of spirit until they come of age, at which point they are on thier own, though may call on the spirit for aid when needed. I asked why she would offer this service, and she said she hadnt dont it in some time, and rather missed it. I agreed.
There was more but a lot is of a personal nature and some was asked to be kept private, but all in all, very interesting. I was wondering about what everyone else thinks about the Godmother Pact? I'm quite convinced I did the right thing, but what would you do? And knowing that this is a possibility, are there spirits you would ask to be Matron/Patron of Spirit for your child?
Flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo!

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login