I was going to become a Catholic priest.

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Clavicula
Neophyte

I was going to become a Catholic priest.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

For a year, I was seriously discerning a vocation to the Catholic priesthood, as I had been Catholic all my life and even when I was practicing the occult it heavily relegated my workings. I gave up the occult because obviously it was incompatible with my desire to become a priest. But now, I've been having a crisis of faith. My faith in the Church was deeply wounded by the revelations about the sex abuse scandal, and another fact is that I am gay, and I disagree with the Church's teachings on gay marriage.

So now, I don't think the priesthood is right for me, but neither is atheism or orthodox Catholicism. I am a deeply spiritual person and hope I can find God in occult workings. I'm asking for help, basically, integrating my deep rooted Catholic beliefs and upbringing with my distrust in organized religion and with occult practices. As mentioned, I have a lot of experience with evocation and with various religious and philosophical systems, including gnosticism, hermeticism, Kabbalah, the Ars Goetia and the rest of the Keys of Solomon, the Arbatel, and importantly, the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses.

I hope you guys can help me with this serious crisis of faith I'm going through.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login