Questions about meditating on the Tree of Life

Qabalah, Kabbalah, Cabala, Gematria, Tree of Life Path-working, and light Philosophical / Religious discourse.

Topic author
Loagaeth
Adeptus Minor

Questions about meditating on the Tree of Life

Post#1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:23 am

Hey everyone! I'm finally getting around to doing serious work with the Tree of Life. I had a dream a few years ago about the Tree of Life that really affected me, and so I felt as though it was sort of calling out to me. It's always been a goal of mine to, I guess, complete the task that dream asked of me involving the Tree of Life, so I'm starting now. I just had a couple questions for you guys about it:

1. Do you start by working at the bottom, in Malkuth, and then working your way up the paths and spheres to Kether? Or vice versa? Because to me it always seemed logical to work from the bottom up, but the books I've been reading have been starting with Kether and then going down. What's the preference on that?

2. What books do you guys recommend for practice of meditating and pathworking on the Tree of Life? I have a few books which include information on the Tree, but maybe there are better ones. I have Dion Fortune's book from the library right now, which elaborates a lot on the spheres but not on the paths, but then I have a book ("The Sword and the Serpent" by Denning and Phillips) that has some information on the paths to fill in the holes. I also reserved Anita Kraft's "Qabalah Workbook for Magicians", but it didn't really seem to be going where I thought it was so I returned it. What are your favorites?
You and me and the Devil makes three.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login