The Phallus as the Staff

Qabalah, Kabbalah, Cabala, Gematria, Tree of Life Path-working, and light Philosophical / Religious discourse.

Topic author
Astar_Mundi
Magister Templi

The Phallus as the Staff

Post#1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Now this seems to be a topic that is frequently brought up as a joke.

Many modern occultists identify the Wand and the Sword, particular elemental fire wands and daggers, as 'Phallic' or like a penis.

But when you think about it, this is an incorrect inversion.

Spirit flows downwards into[i][/i] matter, and the archetypes become crude physical representations of that which is above.

In specific regards to the 'Wand is like a Phallus' idea, it should instead and correctly be; "The Phallus is like a Wand"

In short, the physical, lowest expression of the ideal should not be placed, as for example, certain Tantric and Thelemic groups do, as the Pinnacle archetype or Godform of a concept.

In this case, the concept is of Active Power or Yang. This is also represented by the Bow and Arrow of Saggitarius in the Zodiac, the Rune Tyr, and the Arrow pointing upwards on the symbol of Mars.

So, to briefly re-encapsulate my point;

The Fire Wand, Swords, Staves, Tyr and other upwards pointing objects are not "Phallic", they are symbols of the highest spiritual expression in which the phallus is the lowest and most animal form of that archetypal energy.

The Penis is like the Wand, the Wand is not like the Penis.
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Wholesome Adept Extraordinaire

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login