General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

The differences between Geotia and Cacodaemons

Post#1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 pm

For a definition of Cacodaemon, see this thread:

http://www.studioarcanis.com/forum/vie ... f=18&t=725

tigerlily wrote:The enochian cacodemon issue is surely analogous to any form of demonic evokation and presents essentially the same issues and potential problems. Why should we specifically not evoke cacodemons but for example it may be OK to do goetia. If ever you ask an angel about this they will generally discourage evokation of demons and they make a fair point. This does not however mean we should not do it, cacodemon or any other kind. One purpose I feel of demonic evokation is for the practitioner to test they have balance and integration with respect to a particular unbalanced force and can control it in microcosm as well as macrocosm.

Frater Yechidah wrote:While you make a good and valid point (angels dislike demons and therefore discourage us from working with them), this doesn't quite work for Cacodaemons, who are of an entirely different nature to Goetic demons. The former are more akin to "angelic larvae" (i.e. they are 2-letter names that eventually make up the names of the Servient angels, and lack the intelligence, etc. for proper communication), whereas the latter are usually intelligent entities, even if we may question their motives. If you reread what Ave told Dee, and then my explanation and elaboration on the Cacodaemons, you will realise that "summoning" them, if successful, would be a fruitless endeavour, and more likely to encourage the development of new and/or exacerbated compulsions. If you don't believe me, however, feel free to try for yourself :twisted:

So, what are the exact differences in the nature of the geotia vs. the Cacodaemons?
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login