The round table of Nalvage (common mistake)

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
raum215
Magister Templi

The round table of Nalvage (common mistake)

Post#1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:33 pm

I *finally* started reading Aaron Leitch's book - The Angelic Language vol. 1.

While I am still forming an opinion of the text as a whole, I am well disturbed to see he perpetuates a often recalled mistake from TFR which is NOT in the manuscripts, but persists in the Enochian community.

The particular error is on the Corpium Omnum, the Table of Nalvage. It is the on the leftmost vertical arm of the circumference.

He copies it faithfully from TFR, BUT this is not the way it actually appears in the original that TFR is based upon, commonly called the Cotton Manuscript. http://www.themagickalreview.org/enochi ... 3b-74a.jpg

The letters can be verified at the above link. Aaron lists it as LUAS - but as one can see clearly in the mss - it is, reading from top to bottom, "luah."

I *still* think this book is worth a read, and worth a purchase if you want to see more books on the topic, and his interpretation is different than mine on some elements - but that is ok. I would love to sit and chat with him abit about it. Some chapters seem repetitive or redundant, which makes me feel this text started as shorter writings all tied together later - but that is considered standard in writing books now - and the book is sufficiently plumped up by some solid quotes.

Still, I caution EVERY Magician to get as close to the source as they can for each and every table or name employed. The very connection of Dee's writing ties it to a REAL event - not just a vague Victorian idea - or some common lore. The personage of John Dee and Edward Kelley were supposed to have been of great significance to their work. Please consider both that, and that NO single text I have ever seen has ever produced Dee's work faithfully in all counts; Not new or old scholarship. This work is and will remain singular in importance. Singular but not infallible. When any magician who elects to begin their own stage of this work will find theirs is equally singular, but also not infallible.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login