Banishing an aethyr

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
arak
Neophyte

Banishing an aethyr

Post#1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:28 pm

According to what i've read from some reputable sources, you can't banish an aethyr by using traditional banishing methods. A former member of the center for enochian studies of the OTO said that "The only way to banish an aethyr is to move on to another". Benjamin Rowe recommended the magician to 'pace himself' and to take a few days/weeks off after performing any enochian working. Another mentionned that the approach of balancing a force with it's opposite didn't work well either since the nature of most enochian spirits defy classification and sometimes finding opposites is simply impossible.

I'm really interested in the enochian system (especially the aethyrs) and i definitely plan to work with in at some point in the future. However, i am on the cautious side and i want to get an informed opinion on what to expect before starting any practise.

In your experience, does the lingering effects of using the calls gradually fade away over time (how long?) or have you found a reliable way to banish them. Are they just tied to the place of the invocation or they also linked directly to you. What about scrying the letters?

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login