Pronunciation Debate

General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
Frater Yechidah
Adeptus Minor

Pronunciation Debate

Post#1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Pronunciation of the Enochian words is one of the most often questioned thing in the entire system, so I thought it deserved a thread of its own. However, please note that this is not for asking how to pronounce something, but rather is a theory thread for people to present what they feel are the most accurate pronunciations (which we may never find, of course, but it's worth exploring).

To start things off, I've attached Patricia Shaffer's document on Dee's pronunciation notes. There are some interesting findings there, some of which support and defame all of the various methods out there.

I will return to this topic later (when I have more time) to offer more indepth thoughts.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

P.S. This is not for proving other people's approaches wrong, as ultimately the correct pronunciation is a matter of linguistics, not magick, since Enochian works either way. So, let's keep this civil :)

P.P.S. Recently Patricia has had some trouble with someone on Ebay selling her work. Remember that this document is copyrighted to her and may only be distributed freely. She reserves all rights to request it be taken down or deleted.
Attachments
Dee's Pronunciation Notes.doc
by Patricia Shaffer
(356.56 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login