General Enochian Discussion.

Topic author
Frater Yechidah
Adeptus Minor

Watchtower & Elemental Assignments

Post#1 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Originally posted on the O.'.S.'.D.'.L.'. Forums on 21 June 2006

This is a topic that has long been discussed by most Enochian Magicians:

Are we using the correct positioning and elemental assignments for the Tablets? There are many theories and possibilities, and this is the place to discuss them.

Now, I've found my own recent "evidence" that supports Raphael's Reformed Great Table as being the correct form.

Firstly, there is the Tablet of Union showing the order of EXARP, HCOMA, NANTA, and BITOM (Air, Water, Earth, Fire, respectively), and this has been covered before, so I will not elaborate on it now.

Secondly, there is at one point a very firm assignment of numbers to each of the quarters. This assignment of numbers is as follows:

If we were to assign the names from the ToU in this order, we would get the most common (Golden Dawn) assignment.

However, there is another interesting piece that further supports this. At one point, the Angel Ave declares to Dee some of the purposes and uses of the Great Table. One of these is as follows:

"The knowledge of all elemental Creatures, amongst you. How many kindes there are, and for what use they were created. Those that live in the air, by themselves. Those that live in the waters, by themselves. Those that dwell in the earth, by themselves. The property of fire, which is the secret life of all things."

This is a distinct and explicit area where Ave gives the same ordering of the elements as is suggested in the ToU. I believe this holds some importance, don't you?

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login