Edward Kelley

Introductory course on Enochian Magic. A good place to start.

Topic author
talerman
Magus

Edward Kelley

Post#1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:00 am

When we talk about Edward Kelley,
we often use the following terminology when describing him: "notorious for his deception and fraud", "obsessed with material wealth", "his magical purpose was to find out how to turn lead to gold", etc...

However, I have a strong feeling that it is a high time to start rethinking about him, his life and work. I think that E. Kelly deserves our rehabilitation.
I think that we have been unfair to him.

I think that Edward Kelly was an advanced adept. We all know that he could communicate with angels with ease and that his scryings skills were extradordinary. But sometimes we forget that even John Dee used to call him "master" and we can read this in one of his books.

I think that there is no doubt about that Kelley really discovered the alchemical secret and achieved his GREAT WORK. John Dee was listening to most of Kelley's suggestions. He even agreed to exchange wives with Kelley, which was really rare and unusual at that time. So, John Dee was listening to Kelley even though he was much older than him.

John Dee could not preform his work without Kelly. And finally, Kelly died in his early forties, while Dee lived double as much.

Yea, I think that Kelley was a great adept, great man, great magician and great alchemist....

And I am sure that he is somewhere with his enochian angels, watching us and inspiring us in our work.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login