VI - Prefixing Names

Introductory course on Enochian Magic. A good place to start.

Topic author
Frater Yechidah
Adeptus Minor

VI - Prefixing Names

Post#1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:03 pm

In Enochian, a name from an "elemental" portion of the Tablets is often prefixed by a letter from the Tablet of Union, which, in a sense, puts it under the rulership of Spirit. This often takes the "edge" off certain elemental energies, making them less chaotic or "base", and is particularly advised for working with Cacodaemons (though working with these is usually advanced material).

Prefixing names is often a confusing business, but I don't believe it has to be. Thus, here is my simplified instructions for prefixing names in a given Watchtower, using that of Air (ORO) as an example:

So, firstly we take the Horizontal Elemental Name of Air from the ToU: EXARP. This is the only name we use for prefixing on the Air tablet. The Kerubic Angels, whose names are above the Calvary Cross in each sub-angle are Spirit beings (however elementally biased they may be) and thus always take the Spirit letter of the Elemental Name - i.e. E in this case. Then the rest of the letters are taken in order and attributed to the Servient Angels of each sub-angle in the order of Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.

E is Spirit of Air
X is Air of Air
A is Water of Air
R is Earth of Air
P is Fire of Air

If we take the Kerubic Angel of the Air of Air sub-angle, RZLA, we would prefix it with E - thus, ERZLA.

If we take the Servient Angel of CZNS in the Air of Air sub-angle, we would prefix it with X - thus, XCZNS. This likewise applies for all the other Servient Angels in this sub-angle, and even the permutations of them (i.e. XZNSC, etc.).

If we use the Watchtower of Water (MPH), we would use the name HCOMA to prefix, and likewise for the others.

I hope this makes this seemingly complicated part of a complex system a little easier to understand.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login