Evocation of Sastan

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Soundwave
Practicus

Evocation of Sastan

Post#1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Last night I performed my first evocation, the Spirit Sastan from "The Kingdom of Flames" book.
My goal was to bring the spirit the full manifestation and hold conversation to take away learnings as the spirit is said to help improve peoples higher faculties which I feel is somewhere I am lacking. As I did not acheive a full manifestation of the spirit I consider the operation to have been a failure, how ever it was not entirely uneventful so I will give my full report in hopes of receiving feed back and then getting better results next time.

The set up
I am using a spare room in my apartment as a temple, it also doubles as a study but since I don't actually have that much use for a study it mostly is used as a temple and I often leave my altar set up unless I am expecting guests.

I had the circle as designed in KoF painted onto a old curtain and laid out on the floor (in hindsight I may not have had it orientated correctly). The triangle was painted onto a square of wood and positioned south of the circle with its point facing into the circle. Inside the circle I had 2 white candles in silver holders, a candle snuff, my athame, a lighter, my personal grimoire, the square for "The kingdom of the blue flame", sastans seal (both were drawn in india ink on high quality paper), some oil of abramelin, a blank note book with several pens, a brass burner, self lighting charcoal and ground copal incense.

I wore plain black half robes and the sorcerers seal which drawn on high quality paper in india ink that had several drops of my own blood mixed into it, as per instructed in KoF. I had eaten and showered immediate before starting the ritual.

The Ritual

I started by performing the "Golden Orb" relaxation ritual from "Modern Magick", performed the LBRP, the BRH and the middle pillar with circulation of light. It took me 2 goes to perform the LBRP, BRH and middle pillar because my temple was orientated to the south rather than the east as it usually is so I had performed them in the wrong direction initially.

I fed my burner with copal and smoke started to fill them room
I then performed the the banishing ritual provided in KoF aswell as the Opening of the Gate incantation from KoF and meditated on the magic square from "The Kingdom of the Blue Flame". Parts of the square did begin to glow and then drop out of reality as described in KoF, however there was no rematerialisation of them in the air. After some time (10minutes?) I decided to switch my focus to Sastans seal. I began to meditate on the seal, repeating his name over and over and the seal began to glow and appear to come alive, it almost appeared to be writhing on the paper and take on a more organic texture, and then segments of it began to disappear and reappear. I did not get any obvious sign that Sastan was present as it was suggested I would in KoF. How ever since I was getting some effects from the seal I decided to press forward I read the Conjuration I had prepared and then continued to meditate on the seal. Still I had no effect despite that addition of more incence. After 5 more minutes I read the conjuration again and added more incense. This time the area around the triangle began to sparkle and distort how ever ever after 10 or so minutes I still had no beholdable presence of the spirit.

Even though I didn't acheive full evocation I decided to read my list of requests anyway. I requested that the spirit assist me in the development of my higher faculties so that I may have greater success in future workings. I then meditated on the seal for a short while longer.

I then proceeded to banish using the KoF banishing followed by the LBRP.

Review
The next time I perform a KoF evocation I plan on trimming things down. I am going to stick to the core of the KoF ingredients sticking only to the KoF banishing and Opening of the Gate and using the Assumption of divinity ritual presented in "Evoking Eternity" as even though it is written after KoF, I feel it is implied that this is energy raising ritual that Koetting would have used when working with KoF originally.

I also planning on doing some pathworkings with the magic squares so that I can hopefully get a bit more of a feel for the energies on the KoF entities.

Considering this was my first evocation I am not completely disappointed with my result. Any feed back would be well received.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login