Question about altar for Frater Malak rituals?

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Question about altar for Frater Malak rituals?

Post#1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 am

Because I've already laid out my main room with my shrine (Lord Ganesha + other beings I honour as divine) to the north, which I've confirmed is the right direction for that, the only space I really have facing to the east in my home is the desk with my computer monitor on, beside the housing for the computer tower.

Has anyone experienced these rituals as causing problems with electronic goods, or magnetic storage that's close by?

I ask because a few times now things have "coincidentally" happened when I was doing shamanic work, for example on one occasion I wiped my own entry off a family member's phone memory (thankfully leaving their other data intact) and I don't want to accidentally wipe my hard-drive, but also I don't want to have to move my heavy old computer tower, and unplug every peripheral, every single day - I don't think it would do my elderly system any favours either.

So the set-up I'm considering is, I have a good solid shelf of wood that's slightly bigger than the "orange crate" he refers to, and would be putting that to the front of my desk, my flatscreen monitor stays in situ behind it, then I have a corkboard behind that where I can pin the Thaumaturgic Triplet at the correct height.

Also coincidentally the east-meets-south corner where my desk is are among my 4 auspicious directions in the classical feng shui workup, although north's also good. And habit wise, I'm used to being in this area to concentrate & work - including in trance, where I often journey using an MP3 of drumming, and any info about my client called up on screen. That's not affected my computer as he's been an ally all along in that kind of thing - but I'm a little concerned when he's switched off, and not involved in the work...

My general practice has always been, work to the east (direction of fire for my uses) and honour the Divine to the north, direction of air and spirit, that being a step less "materialised" than the east. I know in ceremonial magick, directions vary, but I've already reconciled that as I posted here.

Any comments or experiences please anyone? And if anyone here has through necessity placed their altar for these rituals to the north, was it as effective?

I'll check in with my MM etc later obviously but any input from more experienced folks would also be most appreciated! 8-)

Edit - Fates willing, I'll be trying this Thursday 24th unless I hear or decide otherwise, so if you don't see me round for a few days... {Twilight Zone music, and fade} .... :mrgreen:
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login