A few NAP suggestions.

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Silenciumetaurum
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

A few NAP suggestions.

Post#1 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 am

Radar, a new member here, mentioned working with NAP and being worried about getting "stuck back in the armchair." I feel like the best way to avoid endless theorizing is to engage with a magical practice. The problem with NAP can be seeing what's possible. So here are some ways to engage with it that might not be obvious on the surface.

There's the surface layer of meaning you get when you first read the text. Then you study it for a while and you start to see connections between the spirits and the techniques you didn't notice at first. Then you actually get results and this deepens your sense of how it could work. Then you discover where these spirits and techniques show up in other books and traditions. THEN it gets really interesting because you can start calling spirits from one grimoire to teach you techniques about others.

Here are some things that inspired me along the way:

- Call the Magic Mentor and ask it to teach you how to call spirits from other grimoires.
Ref: http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16252

- Start experimenting with modified approaches to the NAP praxis.
Ref: http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16818

- Rewrite the exercises that test your psychic ability so that they involve computers and online things.

- Start linking items from the attack magic chapter to the other chants and invocations. For example, the defense / exorcism invocations can link with the Chant to Bring Health. The Invocation to Give Secret Knowledge can be linked to the Psychic Guided Missile Ritual. There are all sorts of other combinations that can create interesting effects.

My point is that one of the characteristics of a real grimoire is that it has many subtle layers. The more you work with it, the more you see the layers.
Aradia: Letters from the Dark Moon

If something is hard, do it more. Don't run away.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login