Considering purchasing a Grimoire

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Magari
Neophyte

Considering purchasing a Grimoire

Post#1 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 am

Only problem is my lack of familiarity with the authors and hierarchy of these things.

Based on my understanding these things are supposed to be the notes of powerful occultists and mostly surround evocation and summoning in general but can involve anything from spirits mentioned in mythology to creations, egregores, of the occultist who wrote it.

If this understanding is correct then I'm curious what modern grimoire author has the most credibility and obvious success.

In my opinion an experienced occultist should be writing their own grimoire, but I can understand we all have our strengths and weaknesses. So I'm assuming some grimoires would probably be more focused or powerful in particular areas.

I'm curious what areas these things tend to focus on and whether or not the modern authors are capable of standing by their work, or not.

This topic has 46 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login