Theoretical Question on NAP and MG

New Grimoires and techniques outlined in books like NAP, NIP, Frater Malak, etc.

Topic author
Breathing Notes
Neophyte

Theoretical Question on NAP and MG

Post#1 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am

After reading Geoff Cobb, I have commenced going through a more gnostic and hermetic approach In evocation. A question that has deeply affected me when reading initiation into hermetics: is the use of the rituals in NAP really just the will affirming "like attracts like" in the form of which you are just using positive thinking and accessing your own power within your subconcious mind? The difference between actually calling and conversing with spirits one on one is much different then NAPs version to such a degree, that perhaps the legitimized facts and names of angels merely are a medium for reinforcing your placebo affect. Not that I'm saying magic is BS in any form, just pointing out that perhaps some modern grimoire and witchcraft that seem simple are just using the principle of attraction. On the other hand, the process of actually contacting the divine and pathworking is much much more disciplined and genuine. Forgive me if this is just biased.
isasin oi ntemueménoi

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login